Are you or do you know:
- a new paraprofessional on your team?
- a paraprofessional working with a new student using AAC?
- a paraprofessional who would like some additional support—especially when other team members are not available?
- a paraprofessional who would like someone to brainstorm with about some aspect of supporting students using AAC?
If so, you may want to take advantage of our Paraprofessional Support Services. The Transition Team takes our lead from your team and customizes our services accordingly. However, here are a few options for paraprofessional support. Tiké DeMarco, our Transition Team Program Support Specialist, has an extensive background of paraprofessional experience and will head up most of these services:
- Observation of target school environments with time to debrief and discuss ideas afterward
- 1/2-day or full-day observation/collaboration
- Ongoing email/phone contact
- Training on strategies for supporting communication, academics, and social participation
- Training on basic functions of communication devices and specialized software (IntelliTools, BoardMaker, etc.)
- Training in using and updating content of software templates