When it comes to teaching students with AAC, do you identify with any of the following:
- Are you a new teacher or a teacher new to AAC?
- Are you a veteran teacher who values the opportunity to brainstorm with colleagues?
- Or are you a paraprofessional with less support than you would like regarding curriculum modifications and instructional strategies?
- Are you looking for new ways to incorporate AAC into your teaching style?
No matter what your level of experience, collaboration can always be helpful! The Transition Team is available to provide support to educators who are looking to find new ways of meeting the challenges of teaching students who use AAC. There are many aspects to consider, whether it be modifying curriculum; creating curriculum for an SDC class; introducing and/or supporting continued growth of language, reading or math skills; or facilitating groups while including an individual using AAC. We would be happy to:
- give trainings on general teaching strategies or specific strategies for your Bridge School graduate
- observe sessions and then debrief about ideas and suggestions
- participate in model teaching or co-teaching experiences with time afterward to discuss ideas and plan for follow-up
- share resources that support best practice teaching strategies for students using AAC