The Education Program forms the heart of The Bridge School as it partners with families to provide a curriculum that:
- Develops educational, social, recreational and life skills
- Supports students as they work towards developing communication competence
- Explores academic and social participation in a supportive setting
- Documents effective instructional and communication intervention strategies
- Integrates the use of augmentative and alternative communication systems and assistive technology
The School Program — The Bridge School educational program is at the core of all our efforts. Practices that we develop in this environment form the basis for our transition, outreach, research and dissemination.
The Preschool Program — The Bridge School offers a comprehensive preschool curriculum for students ages 3-6 years.
Guiding Principles — Framework which underlies and guides all the programs at The Bridge School.
Personalized Curriculum and Instruction — Content areas addressed by the educational program and how they relate to the California State Standards.
Eligibility and Admissions Process — Application and selection process for attending The Bridge School.
Professional Development and Parent Education Opportunities — Continuing education opportunities for Bridge School parents and staff.
Research — The research program aims to advance and disseminate knowledge in ways that will benefit all children who use AAC.
Bridge School News Network (BSNN) — The Bridge School reporters bring breaking news about events at the school and in the community.