Activities and Ideas
Disseminating and sharing information about our curriculum, teaching strategies and communication activities is a primary mission of The Bridge School. In this section you will find what we have to offer and have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and classroom practices as well.
- Access Ideas and Assistive Technology — Making educational and recreational materials accessible is essential for children with severe physical impairments. Explore adaptations and modifications that work in our environment.
- Bridge News and Archive — During the school year we distribute a bi-monthly newsletter filled with links for professionals, parents and updates on current events at The Bridge School. Subscribe to our newsletter and/or view the archives.
- Communication Strategies — Developing effective communication using no, low and high tech-supported strategies is at the heart of The Bridge School intervention approach. See how we incorporate strategies to support peer interactions and participation in social and academic activities.
- Halloween Costumes — Ideas and materials needed to make costumes for all ages.
- Glossary of Terms — Definitions for terms used throughout the Web site.
- Support Resources — Staff at The Bridge School rely on information shared over the Internet, in publications and through professional organizations. These links are ones we find most helpful.
- Students in Action — What's happening in our classrooms.